NEW! An All-New lineup of LED light bars and individual lights COMING SOON!
For many years, our dealers have asked us about supplying highly-efficient LED lighting. We have tried some of the giant named manufacturers here in the USA, and while they offer fine options in LED lighting, their prices are astronomical in most cases. After years of searching other manufacturers and sources, we have finally found a new manufacturer to build lights for us to distribute. These are VERY high quality, very affordable, very rugged, and will be available soon.
Why LED Lighting?
- The batteries in most UTV’s are quite small. The electrical systems on most machines were originally designed to run the machine itself, but left little remaining voltage for other electrical accessories. The batteries primary purpose is to start the machine, and then the alternator takes over to keep up with the electrical voltage needed, to keep the machine running.
- If you add the ‘old-school’ fog / driving lights that are the high watt, bulb-type lights, these put a TREMENDOUS drain on the electrical system. So much so, that in many cases, the alternator can’t put out enough voltage to keep the machine running AND the lights lit up. So then the electrical system essentially reverts back to the battery for the voltage it needs to power everything. This is great….for just a small amount of time. Then the battery becomes drained, the alternator is strained, and the entire vehicle just basically quits running. This could leave you stranded out in the field, or it could mean that your UTV won’t start the next morning.
- While the UTV’s in the past year or so have begun using larger batteries and slightly larger alternators, you shouldn’t count on this to keep your machine running!
- LED lighting is THE WAY TO GO. The LED’s have multiple advantages, and quite honestly, no disadvantages! They are highly rugged, MUCH brighter than normal lighting, they run much cooler, they have a useful life that will outlast the UTV itself, and most importantly? They have a very-very low current draw! Using LED lights will be perhaps one of the biggest improvements you can add to your machine. We can promise you that the LED individual lights and the LED light bars are 10X brighter than normal bulb-type lights.
- Most any UTV can handle the addition of LED lighting, will no adverse effects on the electrical system.
- MORE INFORMATION IS COMING SOON!